2010 Rider Rally – VERMONT

Forums Events 2010 Rider Rally – VERMONT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Frosty
    Keymaster

The first annual Frosty Rider – Rider Rally is in Vermont.  It will be from Feb 19th through the 21st.  Here is a schedule.2/19 – Stowe2/20 – Smuggler's Notch2/21 – Jay PeakThe event is a free social gathering and everyone is welcome no matter your ability.  If you want to work on your skills with others or just meet people and have fun this event is for you.I will post specific times here later.  PM me or reply if you can attend.  Also if you need more info or if you have any ideas PLEASE let me know.[smg id=55][smg id=56]

Travis Hightower
      Participant

ill be there! :Dyou want to do 2 days at jay? smugglers notch is part of the buy 1 get 1 program for anyone in vt, ny, or nh, so its as cheap as jay to ride if you want some variety. and its a huge place!and stowe…. its $180 for 2, no discounts other than a group rate, so that might be alittle expensive to young people that might show up, so do you want to wait till we have a list of people to confirm this? i love that mountain and think its worth it, but i remember in my early 20's that 180 to ride is a bit ridiculous you know?and anyone that is comming, if you have a passport, bring it. bromont is really close to jay peak (30 mins away in canada) and they do night skiing, sometimes all night long, so that might be an option since all the resorts except bolton valley and whiteface close at 4.what do you think frosty? input!

Frosty
        Keymaster

Well, the two days at Jay are just tentative.  I think One at Jay and one at Smugglers for Sat/Sun is a great idea.  Which day do you think would be better for where?For Stowe, my wife works in the hospitality industry and I'm pretty sure we are getting a room deal there, so I figured it would fit right in.  I will see if we can get something worked out for ticket deals.Thanks for the passport reminder!

rowan
          Participant

A day each at at Smuggs, Stowe and Jay would be really fun, as even though they are all within an hour drive of each other they all have their own unique fun environments… and the Stowe area is absolutely gorgeous.  🙂

Travis Hightower
            Participant

conditions update:All of new england is at jay peak right now. Its the only mountainhere with any decent snow, which is sad because the conditionsthere are…well…poor. Glare ice and rocks in the trails, hard packin the glades. Luckily there is a snowstorm going on right now,which will help for the upcoming rally.

Frosty
              Keymaster

Cool, it will be great to be in some real snow.  If you see the crud they are getting in Vancouver right now, well  that's the story in the rest of the Northwest too.  GOOD TIME TO BE IN THE EAST THIS WEEKEND!!!

Travis Hightower
                Participant

Conditions update again:2″ at 3:00pm and non stop heavy snow since. Going to be a wonderful powder weekend!

Frosty
                  Keymaster

Thanks to Travz and Rowan for hosting the 2010 Rider Rally in Northern Vermont.  What a great time.  2 days of powder and SnowKiting to boot!  Pics to come soon.

Travis Hightower
                    Participant

I'm so glad you guys had fun. We had a blast having you around!!!! Hopefully next yearthe turn out will be bigger. We'll have the same mountain discounts that we did this year,next year! So anyone who wanted to come but was weary of money…. don't sweat it! We'reall out to help each other, and any discounts we can find… we'll use!

Frosty
                      Keymaster

Thanks again!  Any chance of getting you guys out to the Northwest next season?  (Year after El Nino is known to be epic out this way!)

Travis Hightower
                        Participant

Absolutely! I really need to get back out west, and another rally would be perfect! So see ya in 2011!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.