2010 Ride Alpha MVMNT Bindings

Forums Bindings Reviews 2010 Ride Alpha MVMNT Bindings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Travis Hightower
    Participant
      2010 Ride Alpha MVMNT Bindings[smg id=57]”Designed exclusively for the top freestyle riders, the Alpha combines the ThinFlex™ ankle strap, UltraLite highback and Convertible Grip™ toe strap for the ultimate in lightweight. Also featuring the new Wedgie 2.5 and optional 4.0 footbeds for the utmost drive and ollie pop.”Thats what Ride says. Now lets break it down.This binding features the MVMNT chassis system which accordingto ride allows the binding to flex in unison with the board to givea greater feeling of connection between you and the snow belowyou. Now I haven't had a chance to test these out on the snow yet,seeing how we just got our first flakes a week ago and the mountainis closed for a month still, but upon playing with these in the livingroom, they do twist and flex nicely to not only keep you in control,but keep the comfort level
      Travis Hightower
      Participant
        This is an update to this review, since I am now riding these every day.More pros! These things respond 100x better than I thought they would. Its a completely different feel than any other binding I've everridden. Other than the pressure of the heel strap, you cant feel thebindings. They twist and flex just enough so when you're poweringdown the mountain you cant feel the side to side restraint of thebindings themselves.Cons 🙁  : The heel strap (or hell strap because it hurts) doesnt have enough of a cutout in the middle to comfortably go over my boots. So to get that secure feeling in the bottom of my heel I have to ratchet them extra tight, which hurts the top of my foot. I haven't found an adjustment to help with this yet.2nd, the ratchets get clogged and stuck…alot. Sometimes you have to fight them really hard to get them off, but I found the trick
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.